Treat yourself to this delicious recipe for monkfish cheeks and leek fondue.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 30 g semi-salted butter
- 1.2 kg of monkfish cheeks
- 40 cl of white wine (Muscadet)
- 200 g small prawns
- 150 g heavy cream
- 2 strands of parsley
- 3 leeks
- 40 g semi-salted butter
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Monkfish cheeks with leek fondue
For the leek fondue:
- Remove the first leaves and part of the green. Wash and finely chop the leek whites. - In a sauté pan, steam in butter for 10 to 15 minutes. Season.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter, make it foamy and brown the monkfish cheeks.
- Place them on the leek fondue. Deglaze with the white wine. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Season, then add the small shrimp.
- When serving, bind to the heavy cream. Adjust seasoning.
- Wash and chop the parsley
- Arrange everything in a dish.
Serve with steamed potatoes, brown rice or a vegetable gratin.
Leek : To choose it well, prefer a very fresh leek: straight leaves, bright colors and a smooth, fleshy and firm stem are good indicators.
Monkfish : A high quality food, monkfish is appreciated both for its delicious flavor and for its benefits on the body.
Containing omega 3 (polyunsaturated fatty acids), it is also rich in vitamins (especially of group B) and minerals (phosphorus, iron, iodine, magnesium…). Another reason to put it on the menu: it is extremely low in fat, with less than 1% fat.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel