Deliciously flavored and seasoned as it should, this beef curry will be unanimous around the table!
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 limes
- 1 onion
- 20 g semi-salted butter
- 800 g of beef (chuck, gîte, etc.)
- 2 tbsp. coffee powder curry
- ½ tsp. powdered Espelette pepper
- 40 cl of coconut milk
- 1 stirred yogurt
Beef curry recipe
- Take the juice of one lime and slice the second lemon. Reserve.
- Peel and mince the onion.
- In a sauté pan, melt the butter, add the onions and brown.
- Add the beef cut into pieces and mix well.
- Pour in the spices, salt and coconut milk.
- Cook over low heat for 2 hours.
- Add the lime juice and slices.
- Pour in the yogurt, mix well and continue cooking for 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Serve hot with white rice, quinoa or wheat. You can add almonds, pine nuts or pistachios.
Good to know about beef curry
When cooking, to preserve the fresh effect and the nutritional properties of the yogurt,Divide the amount of yogurt to be cooked in half and add the second half at the end of cooking in order to preserve the milky character of the yogurt. In cooking, yoghurt softens and smoothly embellishes a spicy dish.
© A. Beauvais - F. Hamel / CULINARY CIRCLES OF FRANCE