You have just bought or harvested beautiful leeks and zucchini in your garden and you want to make a leek and zucchini pie.
Ingredients needed for 4 to 6 people:
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 2 whites of leeks
- 2 courgettes
- 150 g button mushrooms
- 25 cl of liquid cream (or crème fraîche)
- 25 cl of milk
- 125 g grated cheese (Gruyère, Emmental)
- 3 eggs
- Salt pepper
Leek and zucchini pie recipe
Leek and zucchini pie can be eaten as a starter as well as a main, hot or warm as an aperitif.
- Preheat your oven to 200 °
Preparation of the filling:
- Remove the green from the leeks that you will keep to make a good soup
- Wash all the vegetables
- Cut the white of the leeks lengthwise and then into 1 cm sections
- Cut the zucchini into slices 1/2 cm thick
- Slice the mushrooms
- Brown the leeks with the zucchini and the mushrooms in a pan over high heat so as to brown all the vegetables, they must remain firm.
Preparation of the tart shell:
- In a salad bowl or a bowl,
- Pour the cream that you will mix with the whole eggs in a vigorous way
- Then add the milk and the liquid cream then mix again
- Add the grated cheese,
- Salt, pepper
Making the leek and zucchini tart:
- In a pie dish,
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry then prick with a fork
- Arrange the leeks and zucchini at the bottom
- Pour over your pie shell
Baking the leek and zucchini pie:
Cooking the leek and zucchini tare varies depending on your oven and your dish but should be around 40 to 44 minutes.
It is important to brown the top, it is better and much prettier ...
Enjoy your meal !
- Also find our advice for grow your leeks well
- Also find our advice for grow your zucchini well