We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
If the summer is very hot, watch the vegetables in the garden and adopt these simple, organic steps to ensure a good harvest.
In times of drought, install a drip irrigation system by burying pierced bottles near the feet of tomatoes, ofeggplants or from peppers.
If the temperatures exceed 30 °, protect the tomato plants from the sun with an anti-insect veil: a hot atmosphere dries the skin and prevents the ripening of still green fruits.
Provide water troughs to prevent birds from biting your tomatoes to quench their thirst.
Against mildew in the vegetable garden
The horsetail decoction is a good option to prevent heart attacks mildew on your plants tomatoes.
You can cook it yourself:
- Leave to "marinate" 100 g of fresh horsetail in a liter of cold water for 24 hours.
- Boil for 20 minutes then dilute the preparation in 20 liters of water before spraying it on your plants.
- The silica contained in horsetail will strengthen their natural defenses.
If the weather becomes wet and cool and the fruit is still green, treat with Bordeaux mixture.
More simply, you can set a plastic wrap over crop to protect it from the rain.
- If the fungus does appear, immediately cut off the affected leaves and stems and burn them.
- Head off the tops of the stems to stop the fruit from forming, as they will not have time to mature.
Recommended, mulching vegetables
The cracks that appear on tomatoes as harvest approaches are growth cracks. They occur when a rainy period follows a period of dry weather that is unfavorable for growth.
- To avoid this inconvenience, mulch your tomato plants with your dry mowing residues or your vegetable waste.
- Good mulching protects the foliage from germs contained in the soil.
- It prevents compaction while limiting the evaporation of water and the emergence of unwanted weeds.
- However, remember to renew it regularly.
Visual credits: Phovoir